1. My band runs on a hired gun system, meaning we don’t necessarily have permanent band members. However, when recording, we have always used Logan Foland on guitar and Pat Gerasia on drums!
2. I have been playing music for 4 years now.
3. My first anniversary of becoming Abby K just passed last week! On March 9th, 2019, I was signed to my first Management Deal and became Abby K!
4. My music is hard rock with pop hooks. We currently have two singles out, “It Should Have Been Me” and “Dirty Love.”
5. I am heavily influenced by Iron Maiden, and a more modern band, Halestorm.
6. I was 12 years old when I was inspired to become a musician at a KISS concert.
7. We were playing a show in Baltimore and we were exploring the town and I realized we were missing a band member! My keyboardist had wandered off on his journey and we had to implement the buddy system for him!
8. In 5 years, I would love to be based in Los Angeles, California, touring the world… but I’ve got a lot of work to put in if I want to make that happen!
9. I write about a lot of different things, but I always find empowering songs to be the easiest and most enjoyable songs to write. I write based on personal experiences and sometimes experiences others have gone through.
10. I want to practice and improve every single day at something I’m passionate about. The dedication and drive help me with music because I fall into a routine of practicing and it does help my writing and performance skills.
11. I’ve played at many venues throughout the Carolina’s, including Amos’ Southend in Charlotte, NC, and Ground Zero in Spartanburg, SC. I have also played The Ottobar in Baltimore and will be playing in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in a few weeks!
12. I have a special place in my heart for special needs because of a close family member.
13. We just released our 2nd single, “Dirty Love,” are planning to release the third in a few months!
14. April 4th - Atlantic City, NJ April 5th- Philadelphia, PA April 10th- Charlotte, NC
Abby K - It Should have Been me
Abby K - The Trooper - LIVE
Michael's Music Blog
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright © 2015 Mr - All Rights Reserved.