1. Who are the members of your band and what are their musical backgrounds?
I am a solo acoustic musician. I have been playing music since the age of 7. I do play with other musicians that I hire for gigs as needed.
2. How long have you been in the music industry?
I have been in the music industry for about 7 years.
3. How long have you been performing under your present name?
Ever since I was 7 years old.
4. What genre would you call your music?
My music is mainly country-pop and but I am told my music sounds like country folk
5. Who are your major influences?
Danielle Bradbery, Taylor Swift, Kelsea Ballerini and many more
6. How old were you when you started following a musician’s path? I was 7 years old. I was already taking vocal lessons. My parents had me taking piano lessons. Two years after taking the piano, I began learning the guitar. Now I play the uke and dabble with bass and drums.
7. Tell me a funny story that has happened to you as you have traveled to play.
I performed the same venue as Dierks Bentley on Friday night. The next morning, we took our grandmother to our aunt’s, We stayed the evening and the next morning we headed to Nashville. While in route, we passed the Dierks Bentley Tour Trucks. We snapped photos and just laughed. What are the odds?
8. Where would you like to be in five years?
I want to have a full-blown music career in 5 years. I want to be proficient at songwriting and recording on my own. Makes for awesome demos.
9. What inspires you to write?
Life situations inspire me to write. I love watching people and learning through their experiences.
10. What is your philosophy of life and how does it affect your music?
Treat others well. It is reflected in my music. My music is clean and relatable to all ages. My music has feelings and tells a story
11. Please add the names of the places you have played and the city they are in.
I have played the Commodore, Bluebird, and Belcourt Taps in Nashville. I played in West Palm Beach for the VIP in Coral Sky Amphitheater for Lady Antebellum Darius Rucker and Russell Dickerson and also for Dierks Bentley, Jon Pardi, and Tenille Townes. I have also played at Renegades as an opening act along with Walker Montgomery for Tracy Lawrence.
I’ve opened for Vanilla Ice for his Block party and Winterfest for the past 4 years in Wellington Florida. I’ve played many festivals throughout the state of Florida. I have even performed in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
I have also performed at Carnegie Hall in New York and Chicago Symphony Hall in Illinois.
12. Do you have any causes that tug at your heartstrings, or that you support? Abused pets, world peace organization, save the whales, etc…
I support Childhelp -End child abuse (I did a cover of Martina Mc Bride’s “Concrete Angel” to support Childhelp and create awareness). I support the Alzheimer’s Society due to my grandmother having slight dementia. I also support 4 Ocean (cleaning up the beaches) as I live close to the beaches and it is my favorite place to be. My song “On This Beach” is about being on the beach, having fun, and not wanting to leave.
13. Do you have any new releases coming out?
I will be releasing a new acoustic song “On This Beach” on Sept 27 (the song is already available on YouTube) and a new fully produced original called “Oblivious” at the end of October or beginning of November.
14. What is your upcoming performance schedule?
I perform at least once a month. My performance schedule is listed on Spotify and Bandsintown
Country Girl (Official lyric video) by Alyssa Marie Coon
Oblivious (Official lyric video) by Alyssa Marie Coon
Michael's Music Blog
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright © 2015 Mr - All Rights Reserved.