1. Who are the members of your band and what are their musical backgrounds?
DD – guitar/bass player classically trained musician
Owen – drums, self-taught
tVJJ – guitar/bass self-taught
Dani – guitar self-taught
Kivi – vocals, classically trained musician
2. How long have you been in the music industry?
Well since the “industry” has gone to shit…. We have all been playing music all of our lives.
3. How long have you been performing under your present name? 6 years
4. Where did you grow up?
dd – South Pasadena, CaliforniaOwen – orange county CAVj – Inglewood CADani – Los Angeles CA Kivi – Astoria. Oregon
5. What era shaped your musical development?
We are very diverse so our common ground is hard rock and punk. But we have many wide and varied influences from classical music to EDM to Finnish Folk music to R&B.
6. What genre would you call your music? Hard Rock – rock – Glam punk -
7. Who are your major influences?
Again we are a very diverse group so just listing: Paramore, The GoGos, BlackFlag, Circle Jerks, Ramones, Garbage, Joan Jett, Bikini Kill, Stone Fox, 7 Year Bitch, etc8. How old were you when you started following a musician’s path? From birth – Kivi sang before she spoke. 8. Tell me a funny story that has happened to you as you have traveled to play. Funny – I’ll come back to that 10. Where would you like to be in five years? Touring the world as Kittenhead and being recognized as one of the biggest and best bands in the world.
8. What inspires you to write? Pretty much everything. I keep notebooks everywhere so that I can write lyrics as they come to me and I hum tunes into my phone regularly. I know that everyone else records on their phones at the drop of inspiration as well – cuz they send me the audio files! I see the world as a pretty gorgeous place so there is a ton of inspiration around.
9. What is your philosophy of life and how does it affect your music? 1. Respect is a minimum of 2. Treat people how you want to be treated 3. Do things that bring you joy and screw the rest 4. Live like this is the last day you have I think that this shows in our live shows how we fly around and entertain. But it also finds its way into our music we have a lot of social messages and messages about respecting yourself in our music. I talk about social justice in several songs. Of course, there are also love songs and fun sexy ditties because we are completely complicated people and all of those things go into making our music.
10. Please add the names of the places you have played and the city they are in. There are way too many – suffice to say the western USA14. Do you have any causes that tug at your heartstrings, or that you support? Abused pets, world peace organization, save the whales, etc…We support cancer organizations, the ASPCA, and women’s organizations primarily, tho we have never turned down a cause other than because of scheduling conflicts. So we have played concerts for college scholarships, Pride festivals, mental health awareness, veterans, ending homelessness, MS, disability rights, and civil rights to name the ones I can remember.
11. Do you have any new releases coming out? Most likely early 202016. What is your upcoming performance schedule? We are currently planning a tour through the Pacific Northwest for the Fall. We have a couple Derby shows coming up and the usual gigs around California.
Confusion - Kittenhead -
Second Skin Cover by Kittenhead
Michael's Music Blog
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright © 2015 Mr - All Rights Reserved.