1. (Who are the members of your band and what are their musical backgrounds?) I, Paul Walker, am the sole member of my band. I was sidelined from my factory job in November of 2018 for a month due to wrist problems. I needed something to do with my time so I started playing with various music apps such as BandLab and GarageBand. I became a self-taught music maker and things sort of spiraled out of control from there.
2. (How long have you been in the music industry?) In June of 2019, I found a distributor and ported a couple of my BandLab albums over to Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, Google Play...basically everywhere except SoundCloud and Bandcamp. I consider that to be the time I went professional, for lack of a better term.
3. (How long have you been performing under your present name?) I started using The Paul Walker Experience as the name of my musical project shortly before putting my first two albums out on the commercial streaming sites.
4. (What Genre would you call your music?) Most of my music falls under what I would call ambient electronic dance music. Some of the tracks fall under a category I refer to as experimental electronic.
5. (Who are your major influences?) Industrial music, techno, and electronica are pretty big influences. Some of the acts that influence my work are KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, The Prodigy, The Shamen, Air, Daft Punk, and Basement Jaxx. The synthwave acts also inspire me a lot such as Glitter Wasteland and Dead Astronauts. But I never know when a random influence from outside the electronic music umbrella and industrial music genre will get in my head when I’m composing. For example, I’ve been influenced by Ice-T, Pink Floyd, Queen, and even classical music at times.
6. (How old were you when you started following a musician’s path?) I’d say I was about 49 when I started.
7. (Tell me a funny story that has happened to you as you.) I was once at a house party and were drinking like...a lot. And smoking a ton of weed. There was a smoky haze in the room. One guy had been doing some sort LSD and he was talking to a cat that wasn’t actually there. I was walking toward the restroom, drunk and stoned off my ass when I noticed this. I looked over pointed at him and started laughing and then bam! I had stopped watching where I was going and walked right into the wall.
8. (Where would you like to be in five years?) I’d like to be supporting my family via music as opposed to what I’m doing now, i.e. factory work.
9. (What inspires you to write?) I’ve always had a need to be doing some form of art. I think it was a needed escape from a shitty childhood. I was raised by a couple of mentally ill religious fanatics who made my childhood into pure Hell. Drawing and writing and such were a way to get some peace from that. I’ve never stopped. Music is just another extension of that.
10. (What is your philosophy of life and how does it affect your music?) I’m an atheist. I believe that there’s no afterlife. This life we’re living now is our only shot at consciousness. So it behooves every human being to make the most of it while you still draw breath. I’m trying to share that idea on a subconscious level with my listeners.
11. (Please add the names of the places you have played and the city they are in.) I’m currently the internet only. I’m not in a position to do gigs, sadly. Maybe that will change in a few years but I don’t know.
12. (Do you have any causes that tug at your heartstrings, or that you support? Abused pets, world peace organization, save the whales, etc…) I’m definitely in the new atheist camp and I will always vocally support keeping America as secular as possible, especially now that Christian Nationalism seems to be on the rise. I’m also deeply worried about climate change and free speech issues.
13. (Do you have any new releases coming out?) I’m working on a concept album called Worst Case scenario which will be released sometime in 2020. It’s going to be much darker and heavier than the previous two albums, Breaking Free Finally and Let Your Mind Drift.
14. (What is your upcoming performance schedule?) lol haven’t got one.
Twitter - @PaulExperience
Paul Walker Experience - The Cosmic Wheel
The Paul Walker Experience - Long Slow Apocalypse
Michael's Music Blog
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright © 2015 Mr - All Rights Reserved.